If you have a guinea pig in your house, you already know that they love spending their time in the cage. Some of you will prefer to let the guinea pig outside and roam freely but at the end of the day, a guinea pig enjoys having its own space inside the cage. This is where the bedding comes into play. A quality guinea pig bedding should not only be comfortable but also absorbent and soft. As a guinea pig owner, it’s your responsibility to choose a quality product for your little friend.
In today’s article, we’re going to talk about fleece beddings, as one of the most popular types of beddings for guinea pigs nowadays. But, before we begin, let’s see why you should always have some type of guinea pig bedding.
If you are in a hurry we have our list for you right away but we suggest that you scroll down after our guide for fleece bedding and read the reviews for each product on the list.
Here is our list of the top 6 best guinea pig fleece beddings:
Essential Guide to Guinea Pig Fleece Bedding
Why Should Your Guinea Pig Have a Bedding?
Bedding sometimes represents a pricey investment when it comes to small animals. This is why it’s very important to choose the best quality bedding for your guinea pig. You may now say that the quality bedding is more expensive than the less-quality one, which is true. But, imagine buying low-quality bedding and after a few months, you have to buy another one, and then after a few months, you buy another one. The price of the low-quality bedding goes up easily, in a blink of an eye.
Buying decent bedding for your guinea pig, lets you SAVE some cash instead of wasting it away. Furthermore, quality bedding will let your guinea pig live a healthier life. This way, you’ll further save your cash by visiting the vet less frequently. Aside from that, there are other reasons why guinea pig bedding should be of high quality.
As mentioned before, a guinea pig needs to feel safe, healthy, and comfortable. Just remember that guinea pigs used to live in forests before being domesticated by humans. During those times, they had a soft grass to lie on and the bedding should simulate the same feeling – click to find out what is the best bedding for guinea pigs.
What is Fleece Bedding?
Among the guinea pig owners, fleece bedding has become the most popular type of beddings for guinea pigs and as such, it deserved a special article on our website. Guinea pig owners love how their furry friend looks while burrowing and nestling inside this soft bedding, which is why it’s so worshipped.
What is fleece bedding? The guinea pig fleece bedding consists of soft fleece on the upper layer, the middle part is usually made of absorbent cotton, and the lower part is, once again, fleece, to make the bedding waterproof. The goal of the fleece bedding is to let the liquid from your guinea pig flow through the upper layer and be absorbed in the middle layer by absorbent cotton.
The fleece on the lower part is here just to make sure that the bedding is completely waterproof. This way, your guinea pig will always be dry and warm, which is the main goal of every bedding.
Okay, now it’s time for our list of top 6 guinea pig fleece beddings. Grab your cup of coffee and let’s see what are your choices.
Reviews: Top 6 Best Guinea Pig Fleece Beddings
1. Small Pets and Company Guinea Pig Fleece Cage Bedding
- HIGH QUALITY - Small Pets & Company has been selling cage liners for several years, only purchasing the highest quality fabrics.
- PERFECT FIT - By popular demand, our cage liners are made LARGER than the cage, to allow for shrinkage, and to ensure complete protection from messes.
- CONVENIENCE - Never run out of bedding again, just shake off your liner and throw it in the washer!
- MADE IN USA - Unlike our competitors, Small Pets & Company's products are made right here in the USA, with each product personally made by our team in the Chicago Suburbs.
- CAGE SIZES - Midwest (24" x 48"), 1x2 C&C (28" x 14")
Small Pets and Company is known for its high-quality beddings for small animals. This time, we couldn’t help it but place their guinea pig fleece cage bedding on the first spot. There are numerous reasons for this. First of all, the company offers three different variants of the product, regarding its colors – northern lights, feathers on gray, and clouds on blue. All three of them are gorgeous and will make your guinea pig cage a tad more beautiful. As expected, this is a very quality fabric.
To accompany the high quality, this bedding is very, very big. Its dimensions are 24×48 inches, meaning that it’s bigger than almost every guinea pig cage that exists. The reason for this is that the manufacturer wanted to ensure that every piece of the cage is covered and that your guinea pigs are happy and warm.
The maintenance is pretty easy here. If you want to wash it, just shake it off and throw it in the washer. All in all, if you want a quality bedding that costs slightly more than usual, this is the product to buy.
Your guinea pigs will love it, we promise!
2. GuineaDad Fleece Liner 2.0
- CLEAN & DRY - Moisture and mess wick through the fleece layer into absorbent bamboo fiber. The waterproof bottom means pee stays put, so owners can relax!
- EASY TO USE - No more spilling wood or paper bits, no layers and layers of DIY fleece. Instead of going underneath the liner, piggies use their natural instinct to burrow in the pocket, and stay happy!
- HEALTHY & NATURAL - Do your part to prevent the most common guinea pig diseases, like bumblefoot, URI’s, and urinary infections. Our liners are anti-bacterial and dust-free. Unlike U-Haul furniture pads, each layer was specially chosen to absorb and protect.
- PROTECT THE EARTH, PROTECT YOUR BUDGET - Wood and paper bedding costs pile up, but our liners are long-lasting. Use the money saved from vet bills and disposable bedding costs to make your guinea pigs happy!
GuineaDad Fleece Liner 2.0 is another product you’ll love. Priced similarly to the previous one, this one offers almost the same qualities and on top of that, you get to choose your desired color. Some of them are blue, orange, pink, purple, and sea green.
Furthermore, this fleece liner comes with a bit different absorbent layer – bamboo fiber. Of course, fleece layers are located at the top and the bottom. The main characteristic of bamboo fiber is that it’s very good at accumulating moisture, making this bedding one of the best on the list.
Your guinea pigs will love this bedding because it’s so convenient to use. GuineaDad claims that its beddings are dust-free and anti-bacterial, to prevent diseases such as bumblefoot and urinary infections. The dimensions are 24×47 inches. To digress, this fleece bedding represents GuineaDad’s magnum opus and we gladly recommend it.
3. Comsmart Fleet Blankets for Small Animals
- An ideal bedding for pet carriers, beds and nest; Also perfect for sofa or car seats to stop from scratching or shedding.
- Comsmart soft pet blankets are suitable for pets in every season and many situations, such as warm blanket, mat pad, bath towel, picnic blanket and so on.
- Made by double-sided fleece material, not so heavy but in good warmth, also ultra soft with comfortable touching.
- Cute cat blanket with paw print; 6 pack of the black, brown, blue, grey, pink and white one, you can change and wash anytime as you like.
- The soft dog blanket size is 24x28 Inches, which is not too big or too small for your pets, such as kitties, puppies and many other little animals. Please make sure the blanket size is big enough for your pets before purchase.
Comsmart came up with a great idea – produce quality fleece blankets and sell them in a pack of 4 or 6 at an affordable price. As much as this sounds too good to be true, Comsmart isn’t a fraud and its products are top-of-the-line. As we mentioned, the manufacturer offers different options for purchase. You can go with a pack of 4 28×39 inches or a pack of 6 24×28 inches fleece blankets.
In the first case, you get 4 colors, whereas in the second case, you get 6 of them but with smaller dimensions. Since these beddings are very big, they are also suitable for cats and dogs, meaning that 6 of these will be enough for more than 10 guinea pigs!
The quality of these blankets is exceptional. They’re lightweight, yet durable and suitable for every season. The blankets are warm, comfortable, and can absorb the liquids pretty quickly. Overall, this is an amazing product and we recommend it if you have more than one guinea pig. Even a pack of 4 will suffice, which is a steal deal!
4. Pulse Brands Super Absorbent Disposable Cage Liners
- Use cage liners with loose bedding on top.
- Safe, efficient, and sanitary way to keep your small pet’s cage clean.
- Leak-proof design ensures easy clean-up.
- Liners can be cut or folded to fit any size cage.
- Each pad measures 22x22 inches (LxW), with the center pad measuring 19x19 inches (LxW). The pad has a 1.5 inch plastic border on all sides to prevent overflow.
If you like minimalistic design with less flashy colors, then you have to take a look at the super-absorbent disposable cage liners from Pulse Brands. With dimensions of 22×22 inches, this bedding is more than enough for a single pig and enough for two or three guinea pigs.
The design is rather simple – we have a light-blue color on the outside and grey-ish color on the inside. However, the quality of this bedding is where it shines. The upper layer is the anti-streaming quilted pad, then we have a super-absorbent sheet, polymer core, locking layer, and finally, at the bottom, there’s a protecting layer.
This 5-layer design allows for stunning liquid absorption, which is the best we’ve seen so far. On top of that, there’s a 1.5-inch plastic border around the sides, to prevent overflow. Even when you cut it or fold it to fit any cage size, this bedding never stops being this awesome. It’s simple, yet so effective – we love it!
5. GuineaDad Fleece Liner 2.0 Pee Pads
GuineaDad Fleece Liner 2.0 comes in several variants of which we have the pee pads. Pee pads are smaller guinea pig beddings, made for a single guinea pig. Its dimensions of 12×12 inches aren’t the most impressive but considering the size of a single guinea pig, it’s more than enough.
The reason why this is called a pee pad is that it has some amazing absorption capabilities. To make things clear, the manufacturer states that it’s able to take in up to three times its weight in liquid, which is enormous. This feature grants the prevention of bumblefoot, which is very common in guinea pigs. Dry bedding equals no bumblefoot- it’s that simple.
The absorption doesn’t end here. Thanks to its inner bamboo layer, the bedding will decrease odor build-up. Anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-microbial properties of this bedding will decrease the chances of diseases caused by bacteria, such as conjunctivitis and various respiratory diseases.
6. Corner Fleece Forest Hideout for Guinea Pigs
- Provides an extra hiding spot for your pet to feel safe and sleep under without taking up precious floor space
- In addition, your pet will love running and playing through the fleece forest
- Easily attaches to the corner of your cage with the included 3 metal hooks (grids NOT included)
- The top triangle measures 17.5" x 12" x 12". It hangs 10.5" from top to bottom when hung
- Suitable for Guinea Pigs, Ferrets, Chinchillas, Hedgehogs, Dwarf Rabbits and Other Small Pets
Finally, we have an interesting product that isn’t exactly bedding but rather a hideout made of fleece. Fleece is such a versatile material and once again, we get to choose four different colors – purple, green, pink, and blue, in combinations with the gray top. This hideout is great if your guinea pigs want to feel safe, secure, and calm, to be able to sleep better.
On top of that, it will not take any of your precious space inside the cage, as it has three metal hooks for attachment. The great thing is that it can fit two guinea pigs inside, even though it’s not that big.
Speaking of dimensions, we have 17.5x12x12 inches and those are triangle measures. When hung, it should hang around 10.5 inches from top to bottom. Other small animals such as hedgehogs, dwarf rabbits, and ferrets can also enjoy this fleece hideout (click here to see other types of guinea pig hideouts), making it among the most versatile products on our list.
So, are fleece beddings worth buying? Absolutely. If you want a comfy, soft, and absorbent bedding for your guinea pig, look no further. Fleece beddings will offer you all of that and in most cases, its design will enrich your guinea pig’s cage, making it not only prettier but more pleasant for your guinea pigs.
If you don’t like fleece beddings, make sure to still buy some type of bedding for your pig, as this is the necessary component of your pig’s habitat.